Friday, June 30, 2006

Celebrating the Fourth of July


Truthfully?

I am grateful for and celebrate the Fourth of July, its meaning and spirit, EVERY DAY that I am free of tyranny and bad government!

Fourth of July, Early!


Karridine

"I've been listening to the debate on the Pledge of Allegiance all year

and it seems as though it is an ‘assumption’or a chore to many of you.

If I may, may I recite it and try to explain to you the meanings

of each word?"

I

me, an individual, a committee of one human

Pledge

dedicate my life and all of my worldly goods to give without self pity

Allegiance

my love and my conscious, rational devotion

To the flag

our standard, Old Glory, a symbol of freedom. Wherever

she waves, there's respect because our loyalty, courage and sacrifice

has given

her a dignity that shouts freedom is everybody's job!

United

that means that we have all come together

States of America

individual administrative entities that have united into 50 great states.

Fifty individual communities with pride and dignity and

purpose; all divided with imaginary boundaries, yet united to

a common purpose, and that's love for country and for humankind.

And to the republic

a state of governance in which sovereign power is

vested in representatives chosen by the

people to govern on the peoples’ behalf. And government is the people

and it's from the people to the leaders, not from

the leaders to the people.

For which it stands, one nation

one nation, meaning "so blessed by God

from sea to shining sea"

Indivisible

incapable of being divided by freedom’s enemies,

whether foreign OR domestic!

With liberty

which is responsible, principled freedom -- the right of power to live one's

own life without threats, fear or some sort of retaliation

And Justice

the principle or quality of dealing fairly with others

For all

which means, Americans, it's as much your

country as it is mine.

***~~**~~***


Since I was a small boy, two states have been added to our country

and two words have been added to the pledge of Allegiance...

UNDER GOD

Wouldn't it be a pity if someone said

that is a prayer

and that would be eliminated from schools too?


God Bless America!

Tip of the Karridine Kepi to Red Skelton

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Karridine.